Your Cotacol Bucket listEnable strava integration for the full experience !
How it all started
The COTACOL is a belgian reference book about cycling uphill, made by Daniel Gobert and Jean-Pierre Legros in 1989. In it are descriptions of the thousand toughest climbs for cyclists.
Each climb is described by several facts: name, a short description, height, grade, length, what state the road surface is in, average climbing time for an amateur or a professional road cyclist.
The combined authors measured 1.869.800 km, rode up a height of 112.396 meters and measured nearly 30.000 data points to compose this book. Each hill has a so-called COTACOL score. This score is determined using several parameters: grade, length, road surface. A higher score means a tougher climb.
More than 30 years later, some cycling & tech enthousiasts virtually got together and built apps, web sites and integrated with Strava, so that the modern cyclist can now plan rides to conquer as much Cotacols as possible and automatically flag them when integrating with Strava.
- Daan did Les Quartiers yesterday
- Daan did Thier de Coo yesterday
- Daan did Sur le Stockeu yesterday
- Daan did Côte du Rosier-Sud yesterday
- Daan did Côte de Neuville yesterday
- Alex did Moskesstraat yesterday
- Alex did Smeysberg yesterday
- Matthieu did Rue Coupée yesterday
- Matthieu did Rue de La Sèche yesterday
- Matthieu did Rue Lhoneux yesterday
- Pieter did Helling van Kraai yesterday
- Pieter did Kortekeer yesterday
- George did Mon Idée yesterday
- Thomas did Schlierbach-Ost yesterday
- Franck did Moskesstraat yesterday